IMPORTANT - CHANGES FROM 1 FEBRUARY 2020
The new Bond Refund Web Service will replace the PDF upload facility for paper refund forms from 1 February 2020.
Tenants and property managers/owners can lodge a bond,request a refund, dispute a proposed refund, or update their details through Web Services.
Paper forms will continue to be accepted via post.
Claim part/all of bond
Property managers/owners who have an eServices account, should login to request a full tenant refund
Please ensure you have read the Submit bond refund online information before submitting a form
Property managers, property owners and tenants who want to request all, or part, of the bond should
Step 1 - Complete latest refund form
- print and complete the form or complete form electronically and print
- include rental bond number
- form must be signed by at least one person named on the bond record
Step 2 - Scan and save
- scan or take photo of refund form (smartphone or digital camera)
- save the image file as: jpg, pdf, gif or tiff (maximum 2MB)
- make sure file is readable
Step 3 - Upload (do not email)
- If there are 3 or more tenants, please use another refund form. The forms should be scanned and uploaded as a single document.
Warning - it is an offence under Queensland tenancy law to knowingly give false or misleading information to the RTA